I'm Paul Forrester.
I'm a man who writes.
So I called this site TheWritingMan.com
Since 2001 I've worked full time in construction. I've seen the varying levels of knowledge and confidence across all sectors of the industry. It needs addressing if we aspire to a quality, comfortable and efficient built environment. Through technical writing, creative copy writing, and training, I do what I can to address that need.
My passion for creativity extends beyond buildings, and I'm happy to discuss writing assignments for other professions, industries and artistic endeavours. In addition, I'm a keen subscriber to the philosophy of side projects.
Want a flavour of my writing? Check out the blog.
Prefer to get in touch about an opportunity to work together on some writing, training or a side project?
- A decade in architectural practice with experience of domestic and commercial architecture, barn conversions, equestrian facilities, and churches.
- Over five years leading technical services for a product manufacturer, dealing with customer queries about all aspects of building design; representing the company in trade association meetings and technical committees.
- Written, edited and proof-read product datasheets, specification guides, installation instructions, website content and trade press articles.
- Created and delivered training sessions and presentations for colleagues, customers, architects and specifier and trade shows; includes seminars and articles accredited by CPD registration services.
- Successful assessment for BBA Competency Scheme for U-value calculations, and mentoring of other applicants.
- Business school training in presentation skills, giving and receiving feedback, and product management.
More about me
- I'm a food lover, podcast listener, cinema-goer, sometime traveller, and dog owner.
- In 2005 I was shortlisted for the Sir William Lyons award run by the Guild of Motoring Writers.
- In 2009 I had a fleeting career as a motoring journalist, including publication in a classic car magazine.
- In 2012 I got a pointless answer on a real televised episode of the BBC1 teatime quiz show Pointless.
- In 2017 I reached the quarter finals of the Carcassonne UK National Championship.